Tuesday, June 22, 2010

missing rosie

You know those TV shows or movies about big wig execs who conquer Wall Street with a steely glance, but only because they're fully supported by a superhero assistant who basically knows their business (and their lives) like the backs of their 75-wpm-typing, coffee-fetching hands? (takes a deep breath)

Well it's like that. Except I'm not a big wig exec, I don't work on Wall Street, and I've not quite mastered (nor intend to master) the steely glance.

But Rosie is every bit the superhero assistant sans cape and tights.

She's efficient and smart and just all flavors of fabulous. She's been my assistant for almost two years, and I'm not sure what I would do without her. Meetings, messages, appointments, personal advice, friendship -- she does it all. Including the Friday morning latte and blueberry scone (it is now a ritual).

Rosie is out all this week and I'm missing her already...and it's only Tuesday! Mind you I don't think I've ever taken Rosie for granted, but this week has sure made me realize how much I rely on her.

So for those of you who have assistants, admins, a good friend, or just general good help and support -- let them know you appreciate them! And Rosie, if you read this, I appreciate you! I'm glad you're taking the time off, but I miss you, too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment